Starting off the day with a smile doesn’t come naturally to me. Cumulative sleep-deprivation and needing to rush into the routine of each morning for the two little ones doesn’t give me time, energy or the disposition to smile. It’s something I often need to choose to do, and that’s apparently not a bad thing since choosing to smile can actually make you happy, so the research goes. Yet there are also the special little moments that come my way where I break out of my mundane and can’t help but burst into smile. This week, I’m grateful for the things that make me smile…..
* Pretty much every post from blog, Parenting Illustrated with Crappy Pictures.
* Miss T eagerly bringing home a bunch of flowers for me that she bought with daddy at the market.
* Miss T telling me she loves me, even maybe just a little more than daddy. (ooops!)
* Lil S bursting into a huge smile after she wakes from a nap as I enter the room.
* Lil S tilting her head sideways to inspect people and things, as she is wont to do.
* Lil S squealing and waving her arms with glee as the theme from “Thomas the Tank Engine” comes up on the TV while Miss T spins and dances.
* Miss T and Lil S “reading” books as the sit next to each other on the floor. Bless!
Are you a natural “smiler”? What makes you smile?