Thanks to Mama Grace, I am both feeling the bloggy love AND pressure to conjure up 10 things you didn’t know about me. You’d think that might be easy given I’ve not been blogging round these traps for long, but I know myself too well and can’t remember if I’ve revealed something before or not to at least one of you. If it seems so familiar then maybe I have, but maybe I just think I have because it’s so much a part of me, like my right hand. For a post like this, I should be digging out stuff from the deepest recesses that makes me go “Aha!” because then it is highly likely I haven’t shared that thing with any of you yet…..Okay, this brings me to my Número Uno and Nombre Deux points:
- I’m not succinct (love the sound of that word). Hubby is always telling me to stop waffling and padding things out and get to the point. So the next one is…….
- I analyse a little too much sometimes. Okay, maybe a lot. Ever heard of “Analysis Paralysis”? Yeah? That’s been me. But to my credit, I have been improving inch by inch over the years. That should be a lot of improvement given my age, but I’ve still a ways to go.
- I sometimes have a thirst for more than one type of drink at the same time, and I’m not talking alcoholic. For example I came home this afternoon with a hankering for coffee but also wanted to savour a pot of my delicious T2 Creme brûlée tea. While boiling the water for both of these, I thirsted after a quick refreshment of coke watered down with soda water. Yeah, I know I’m weird.
- Taking out 4th spot, Mama Grace’s feared number, and in response to her point 3, I have to admit I *can* eat chicken feet at yum-cha BUT I’m a lazy eater and can’t stand the bones, so don’t.
- However, following on from the above, I can NEVER eat boiled chicken feet or any boiled chicken skin!!!!!!!!! The thought of that chewy, fatty skin makes me gag. Even writing about it makes my stomach squirm. >>shudder<<
- I still have some cute kiddy nick nacks I’ve collected from young. One of these is a tiny glass ampule I found on beach in Singapore many years ago. It had a few drops of liquid inside and I thought it was so cute. With the wisdom of hindsight, it’s probably a glass tube of left-over drugs or maybe a disease. Okay, I’m scaring myself now. It’s going to a new home in the medical hazards bin of my local pharmacy next time I pass by.
- Speaking of time, I pluck my white hairs, even though it increasingly now an exercise in futility (and I complain about a lack of time!). When I was in my early 20s, I said if I went grey quite young (since it runs in my mother’s side of the family) I would start dying my hair. Now, some xx years on, who’s to say what “young” is?! Gimme some hair dye!
- I have a Chinese middle name, which, in Mandarin, sounds a little like “bowling”.
- Each major stage of my schooling began in a different country; kindergarden in Singapore, primary school in Australia, high school in Singapore and university in Australia.
And finally, if you ever feel so inclined to buy me perfume, you need to know I only like light, fresh, and/or a slightly fruity or citrusy fragrances like Parfum d`Ete by Kenzo, Escada Sunset Heat, Origins Ginger Essence and Elizabeth Arden Green Tea. Unfortunately, perfumes such as the Eternity, Opium and Chanel #5 give me an almost immediate headache. I think it must be the strong tones of neroli, patchouli and ylang ylang that do it to me. I don’t like those scents as essential oils either.
Okay, now it’s time to pass the baton onto five more bloggers to share what we don’t know about them. And the honour goes to:
Courtney from Nobashake
Denyse Whelan of Denyse Whelan: Blogger, Educator, Consultant
Tat from Mum in Search
Nicole from Nicole Hastings Photoblogging
Lee from Mummy Issues: Part 2
I’m linking with Jess from Diary of a SAHM for IBOT.